Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scum

So it's been a while.... but here's a short story.

This past Friday evening, I went out with some friends to a  fine "Chinese" establishment (sarcasm) in the Northern Virginia area for some beers. While we were out and about, this VERY tall guy was standing next to me at the bar trying to order some drinks. As he was waiting, we started chatting and flirting and he seemed like a fairly nice, fun guy. After a little while, he asked for my number and I was like "Sure," and why the hell not? Let's see what happens. Well, fail number one: when he went to pull his phone out of his pocket, a pack of cigarettes and a lighter also fell out. Ew ew ew; no smoking, please. After he (I) put my number in his phone, I was beginning to realize how drunk this guy was; his speech was slightly slurred, wasn't making much sense and couldn't operate his phone. I realized that this wasn't going much further.

We continued talking/flirting and he put his hand out to see how it compared in size to mine; his were HUGE and mine seemed like the size of a 3 year-old's. It was actually kind of a turn off how tall he was because I myself am just barely 5'4" and he was literally a skyscraper in comparison. Anyways, when we were comparing hands, that is also when I noticed he had on a WEDDING RING. I don't know what possessed him, but he took off his ring and put it on my left ring finger, and held my hand up in the air. I proceeded to take it off and said "So, you're married?" and he said "Yes." I then proceeded to ask "So where is your wife, then?" in which he responded "Oh she's coming later. She's 1-1/2 months pregnant."

EXCUSE ME? What the HELL are you doing out at a bar, hitting on girls, getting their numbers, taking off your wedding ring and then proceeding to put it on these other girls' fingers while your PREGNANT WIFE is off on her own somewhere and completely unaware of your behavior? I understand "nights off" and going out with your friends and doing your own thing away from your spouse; breaks can be good, but hitting on girls when you're married and acting like this? This is unacceptable and speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of.

The next thing I know, his friend, who is about 4 feet away, says "Hey can I get a picture of you two?" I firmly say "NO" and proceed to turn around so my face is away from the camera. Both guys still try to get me to take a photo and I continue to say "Hell no, I'm not taking a photo with you." I realize this was some game they were playing and I wasn't going to have any part of it. Then, this guy tries to apologize, in which I say "If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done this in the first place." If he knows what he did was wrong, then he shouldn't have done so to begin with knowing it's not appropriate behavior. I proceed to ignore him and get back to talking with my friends.

Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment